15 more questions on vitamins :
Reference : Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice, Dudek
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- Which of the following vitamins need to be consumed every day because they are not stored in the body?
- One possible cause of hyperkeratosis (a thickening of the outer layer of the skin due to an increase in the amount of keratin) is chronic exposure to arsenic. Deficiency of which vitamin is another possible cause?
- The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of vitamin A is around ...
- Which of the following vitamins are lost when vegetables containing them are boiled?
- Foods such as bread and breakfast cereals are often ‘fortified’ with niacin; what is niacin a vitamer of?
- Folic acid is recommended as a supplement for women during pregnancy, to help prevent neural tube defects in the baby. Folic acid is a vitamer of ...
- What is the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of folic acid for pregnant women?
- Pellagra is a disease with symptoms of diarrhea, dementia, inflamed skin, and mouth sores. It is caused by a lack of ...
- An overdose of more than 2g a day of vitamin B3 can cause ...
- What is the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of vitamin B3?
- Vitamin K is needed in the body for ...
- Which of the following is a vitamer for vitamin K?
- Riboflavin is a vitamer of which vitamin?
- Hair loss, brittle fingernails, and a rash (often facial) are symptoms of a deficiency on which of the following?
- Vitamin B7 deficiency can be caused by the action of a chemical compound called avidin, which inhibits it’s absorption. Which of the following contain avidin?