20 more questions on human physiology :
Reference : Human Physiology - Silverthorn (Amazon link)
The quiz above includes the following 20 questions :
- What is the function of a valve in a vein?
- Which type of cell carries oxygen around the body?
- What is the function of white blood cells?
- Which one of the following is NOT a function of bile?
- Where in the gastrointestinal tract does pancreatic juice drain into?
- What type of hormone is testosterone?
- Which reflex is adrenaline most often associated with?
- Sweat glands are located in the ...
- What type of tissue is the main component of the dermis?
- What substance are nails made of?
- Reproduction : if an egg is not fertilized, which process occurs?
- What is the gestation period in humans?
- What is the average length of a menstrual cycle?
- What is the main purpose of respiration?
- What is anaerobic respiration?
- What are the specialised filtering units in the kidneys called?
- How many kidneys does the body have?
- Which chemicals are used to communicate between synapses in the nervous system?
- What is one distinguishing feature of nerve impulses?
- Which system would the body use in reaction to a pain stimulus?